8/5/13

Powerful Practice!


“Brahmacarya for yogis, as stated in the Agni-Purana, embodies self-imposed abstention from sexual activity: fantasizing, glorifying the sex act or someone's sexual attraction, dalliance, sexual ogling, sexually flirtatious talk, the resolution to break one's vow, and consummation of sexual intercourse itself, with any being.” -Yogi excerpt from Wikipedia

I have recently started a new practice of abstaining from any and all sexual activity, mental, physical or verbal.  I observe this during the work week, Monday through Friday.  I take a breather, only if I feel like it, after work on Friday (or the weekend) and resume my Practice again Monday morning.  It has been challenging, but fruitful.  I’ve been doing this for about 3 weeks now.  I have only had a few minor mishaps.

I have noticed a few important things as I’ve done this.  Everything I touch with a pure mind and body has intensified 100 times fold.  My concentration, workouts, and meditations have all improved in almost super natural ways.  I am not exaggerating!  Sexual energy is a very powerful force when channeled into other endeavors.  Even sex itself has intensified in many ways whenever I choose to return to it.

I don’t think this type of practice is for everybody.  But, if you could start changing your relationship to sex in gentle ways, you will not regret the result, man or woman.  Changing my relationship to sexuality has opened many doors for me.  I am happy to say that I will continue with this practice.  I am excited to see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment